You can be an active mom
Maybe after conquering labor and delivery you realize you can conquer any fitness goal. Or maybe you’ve never been active before, but want to be a healthy role model for your family. Whatever the reason, you deserve “mommy time” without feeling overwhelmed or guilty; and with a focus on empowering you to make healthy choices for your family.
For moms beyond the postpartum period, I offer and recommend: personal or small group training and Active Mom HIIT Plus Core.
Active Mom HIIT Plus Core (High Intensity Interval Training plus emphasis on core muscles)
Interval training is one of the best ways to strengthen muscles, improve cardio and burn calories long after the workout is over. High intensity exercise combined with low intensity "rests" provides a quick and effective workout, perfect for moms! Expect various interval techniques for a new full body workout each week. Each class emphasizes building core strength.
All levels welcome (contact me if you are still in the postpartum period). This is not the best format for moms that experience knee pain with movements like squats and lunges.
- Wednesdays 6/14-8/9 (8 weeks-no class 7/5) from 6:15-6:45 am at Liberty Lands Park $96 or $15 per class drop-in rate.
- Thursdays 6/15-7/27 (no class 7/6) from 9:30-10:15 am at Hall-Mercer Center of Pennsylvania Hospital, 245 South 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. $120. You will join a group of 6-8 moms. *Children welcome. Babies must be immobile or toddlers must be able to climb without assistance due to the climbing structure and toys in the room.
H.A.B.I.T. (Hips, Abs, Butt, Inner Thigh)
Have you made fitness progress since having a baby, but feel like you're not quite where you want to be yet? Or maybe you've reached your goal, but are looking for a targeted toning class? This program is for you.
H.A.B.I.T stands for Hips, Abs, Butt, Inner Thigh. That will be our focus, but each 45-minute session will provide a full body workout using body weight exercise, Pilates and resistance training. In addition to the weekly session, you'll receive guidance on cardio and strength workouts to complement your efforts in class. Over the course of 6-8 weeks you'll develop a fitness HABIT and be that much closer to your goals. *No previous exercise experience necessary.
- Thursdays 6/15-7/27 (no class 7/6) from 1-1:45 pm at Hall-Mercer Center of Pennsylvania Hospital, 245 South 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. $120 or $25 drop-in. You will join a group of 2-7 moms. *Children welcome. Babies must be fairly immobile or toddlers must be able to climb without assistance due to the climbing structure and toys in the room.
- Tuesdays 7/11-8/29 from 9:30-10:15 am at Lume Creative Learning Studios at 1916 East Passyunk ave. $200. You will join a group of 3-6 moms. *Children ages 2 and up welcome and encouraged to attend as the rate includes Summer Camp for your child as you workout!
Personal and Small Group Training
Personal or small group training is the most customized and inclusive way for you to reach your fitness goals. Personalized training is strategic and takes into account your needs, likes/dislikes, barriers and motivation. To ensure you succeed, I take an integrative approach. We examine your past successes and challenges with nutrition and exercise. You'll complete an activity profile to help us determine where you can easily incorporate more activity that will give you results. We'll also look at the demands of your family life and how that impacts your fitness routine and ways it can enhance your fitness journey. To learn more about what you'll get from training with me, click here.
A typical 60-minute session includes:
- 45-minute customized and comprehensive workout (you'll also receive a workout to do while we're not together)
- 15-minutes to focus on goals, nutrition, challenges, new strategies, successes, opportunities and resources
Support from friends and family is strongly encouraged
I will be there to support you every step of the way, but having the support of family and friends not only makes reaching your goals fun, but it helps you stay committed. As an incentive the full session rate is the same for one person or to workout with up to three others! Workout buddies do not have to be moms or have the same goals as you.
$80/session for up to four people