Maybe after conquering labor and delivery you realize you can conquer any fitness goal. Or maybe you’ve never been active before, but want to be a healthy role model for your family. Whatever the reason, you deserve “mommy time” without feeling overwhelmed or guilty; and with a focus on empowering you to make healthy choices for your family.
For moms beyond the postpartum period, I offer and recommend: Active Mom HIIT Plus Core, H.A.B.I.T, HIIT plus Core, or personal/small group training.
Active Mom HIIT plus H.A.B.I.T(full body interval training with an emphasis on hips, abs, butt and inner thigh)
Interval training is one of the best ways to strengthen muscles, improve cardio and burn calories long after the workout is over. High intensity exercise combined with low intensity "rests" provides a quick and effective workout, perfect for moms! It's a 45-60 minute, full body workout that emphasizes hips, abs, butt and inner thighs.
All levels welcome (contact me if you are still in the postpartum period). This is not the best format for moms that experience knee pain with movements like squats and lunges.
- Wednesdays ongoing beginning 11/15, from 9:15-10:15 am at Shot Tower Recreation Center in Queen Village, 101-31 Carpenter St, $12 drop-ins (please still register). Children as well as non-moms welcome! Please bring a yoga mat. **Class on 11/22 will be held at Mario Lanza Park**
- Thursdays 11/2-11/30, 4 weeks (no class Thanksgiving) from 12:30-1:15 pm INDOOR (unless it's a beautiful day) at Hall-Mercer Center of Pennsylvania Hospital, 245 South 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. You will join a group of 3-6 moms. Registration required $68 for 4 sessions. Children as well as non-moms welcome!
- See December's Merry Fitness Schedule Here.
Personal and Small Group Training
Personal or small group training is the most customized and inclusive way for you to reach your fitness goals. Personalized training is strategic and takes into account your needs, likes/dislikes, barriers and motivation. To ensure you succeed, I take an integrative approach. We examine your past successes and challenges with nutrition and exercise. You'll complete an activity profile to help us determine where you can easily incorporate more activity that will give you results. We'll also look at the demands of your family life and how that impacts your fitness routine and ways it can enhance your fitness journey. To learn more about what you'll get from training with me, click here.
A typical 60-minute session includes:
- 45-minute customized and comprehensive workout (you'll also receive a workout to do while we're not together)
- 15-minutes to focus on goals, nutrition, challenges, new strategies, successes, opportunities and resources
Support from friends and family is strongly encouraged
I will be there to support you every step of the way, but having the support of family and friends not only makes reaching your goals fun, but it helps you stay committed. As an incentive the full session rate is the same for one person or to workout with up to three others! Workout buddies do not have to be moms or have the same goals as you.
$80/session for up to three people